19 Posts
17 Users
14 Likes
Tom
 Tom
(@tomm)
Curator Admin
Topic starter

Welcome everyone to the Website, we have some big plans and fun things in mind for the website. Make yourself at home.

Intro to me well here you go:

Tom McDonough officially started his music career in the 90s playing for a few bands on Tour. He works in music production and as record label exec since 2000. He also started building the WROM Radio Detroit network in from the ground up in late 2005. As a native of the Detroit area, Tom has always held music hailing for the motor city in high regard. Although, a sudden and steep introduction to the music world during the late 1990’s is what opened Tom’s eyes to the vast possibilities of radio, ultimately leading him to explore and thrive in the internet radio market. It is Tom’s well sought after discernment along with his unique insight that has helped him craft WROM Radio into the media powerhouse that it is was. He has done several radio shows and podcasts. He has worked with MI5 Recordings and Universal Music Group for 18 years and been in the music and entertainment industry 29 years.

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Tom

There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out

Posted : November 13, 2022 6:16 pm
lela94 reacted
Toryjones12
(@toryjones12)

Hi everyone my name is Tory Jones and I am a young black artist from Brooklyn, New York looking to build her way through the music industry with my vocal ability and calm shy personality. I am not really a talkative person but I am always open to have conversions with people as a way to build friendships and to learn new things. I have sang in the choir twice, once in high school and another time as I got older in college. It was a great way for me to learn about stage presence and learn how to sing with other people with different ranges of voices. I also know how to draw and create things with a pencil, i'm a good painter still learning and my favorite type of music is rnb, hip hop, old music, and things that sound unique. 

Posted : November 15, 2022 11:29 am
destinymizell
(@destinymizell)

Hi everyone! 

My name is Destiny Mizell. I was born and raised Nashville, Tennessee. I'm a Journalism major at Middle Tennessee State University with a minor in Communications. I love writing, astrology, and making people laugh. I have a crazy range of music taste- Most people can't keep up with my playlists because I love literally every genre. I'm also the Lifestyles Editor for MTSU Sidelines. 

Posted : November 15, 2022 12:10 pm
lela94 reacted
gendietzel
(@gendietzel)

Hi everyone!

My name is Genevieve Dietzel, most people call me Gen, but I don't have a preference. I'm a multi-disciplinary writer and musician. I've contributed to Affinity Magazine, a few indie music blogs, and (unfortunately) experienced internet fame for my poetry when I was in high school, which freaked me out, so now I lay low on socials. I play electric bass and guitar (not very well, enough to write music) and sing (decently). My music taste sits in the 60s, 70s, and 90s rock scene for the most part, but I like some of the alternative music that came out of the 2010s (Florence + The Machine, Hozier, Lana Del Rey), and I try to keep an open mind when I listen to newer stuff. I have an affinity for the 1996 original cast of RENT. I'm from northern NJ and see whatever concerts I can, often leaving as a fan of people that I didn't previously care for. I have a lot of opinions and tend to come off stronger than I intend to. I'm fairly laid back in real life, but not on the internet LOL.

I study voice privately with a teacher I've had since high school. I read tarot cards for fun. My sense of humor is dry, and I am generally easy to get along with.

Posted : November 15, 2022 12:28 pm
gabyp232
(@gabyp232)

Hello! My name is Gaby Padilla and I am a Senior Music Business management major at West Texas A&M University in Canyon TX. I have toured Texas with the Symphonic band and performed at the 2020 TMEA convention. My passion for music thrived the most when I started to listen to movie scores such as Star Trek, Spirit, and Interstellar. Really any type of epic/symphonic style of music is what really motivated me to pursue music throughout college and my career. 

Gpadilla

Posted : November 15, 2022 1:28 pm
Amelia Myers
(@basicallyamelia)

Hello!

I am Amelia Myers.

I've studied classical vocal music since I was 12, and I attended the Academy for Fine Arts in Frederick County, MD, during my junior and senior years of high school. I now attend Lebanon Valley College and major in Audio Music Production. Voice is my main instrument since I lack the coordination to play other instruments well. I like to write music, and paint (though I prefer to keep most of my works private and for personal pleasure). I can enjoy and appreciate any task that gets my creative juices flowing.

In the future, I hope to edit and mix audio for podcasts, films, music, and whatever else I can get my hands on.

Posted : November 15, 2022 1:35 pm
Joey reacted
comageb
(@comageb)

@destinymizell Destiny! I also go to MTSU- maybe I'll see you around!

Posted : November 15, 2022 2:04 pm
Joey
 Joey
(@ohshitjkitt)

This is a really unique group of awesome individuals! 🙂

I played percussion in 5th, 6th & 7th grade. I studied audio recording at Schoolcraft & entrepreneurship at Columbia Chicago. This internship has proved to be of massive value! Just stay in it for the long-term to see what I am talking about.

I'd love to effect the music industry in a blissful way you could say. Whether that come through artist encouragement, promotion, production, writing or any way I can offer assistance.

Tryna get rich off writtens just like tickets from the lottery... -Quentin Miller

Posted : November 15, 2022 2:14 pm
lela94 and Amelia Myers reacted
comageb
(@comageb)

Hi everyone! My name is Bernadette Comage. I am currently pursuing my MBA in Music Business at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN, where I also earned my Bachelor of Music in Music Industry!

I hope to find my way as a music supervisor someday for shows and movies! I have always loved listening, playing, and learning about music. My main instrument is piano, but I also sing and play clarinet, guitar, and some ukulele. I hope to learn bass guitar next!

Posted : November 15, 2022 2:33 pm
Joey reacted
Isahu
(@isahu)

Hi everyone!

My name is Isaiah Huang, and currently, I am a Junior pursuing my BA in the Music Industry at The State University of New York at Oneonta (SUNY Oneonta). I grew up with a huge passion for music as I always wanted to be a singer. But as I realized I couldn't sing it struck me how I was actually interested in how these artists got to the level of fame they have. And with that ever since 10th grade, I knew I wanted to work and become a manager or part of a marketing team. I'm excited to be part of this team and cant wait to get to know everyone! 

Posted : November 15, 2022 3:12 pm
rromney2002
(@rromney2002)

Hi everyone! My name is Raynah Alleyne-Romney and I’m currently pursing my associate degree in Theatre at BMCC. After I graduate, I plan to go to a two year acting conservatory. My future goal is to act in the theatre/film industry. I have always loved acting as it gives me an opportunity to play a different version of myself and bring characters to life through my voice, body, and emotional inner life. I like the idea of bringing my own humanity and personal emotional truth to a role and having the audience resonate with the character and story.

Posted : November 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Kennedy
(@kennedy)

Hi! I'm Kennedy and I'm a senior in high school near Columbus, OH. I've played clarinet for 7 years and tenor saxophone for 4 years. I love all things music, and I find learning about the industry super interesting.

Posted : November 16, 2022 5:32 pm
Zion
 Zion
(@zion)

Hey everybody!

My name is Zion Salgado,

A senior in high school in New York! I'm a person who listens to music every day always trying to find new sounds to add to my playlist! I've played Alto Sax for 2 years, Piano for 10 years, and I've been picking up the guitar which I've been wanting to do for a while now! I love making music, especially music that makes people smile and genuinely enjoy it. I've been consistently producing and making my own music for about 2 years now and hope to get better with every project I release! My dreams are to bring people who have different tastes in music together, despite current genre gaps that divide the music community currently. I have a wide taste in genres from EDM to jazz; I love all sorts of sounds people produce. I can notice subtle hints most listeners cannot, even though I don't have perfect pitch. I just hope I can find my place in the industry because I have a passion for music in general. It's something I love and enjoy and it brings people together. As music brought us all here at this internship! I hope music may bring us a great future for everyone! peace!  

Posted : November 16, 2022 7:40 pm
mcashman
(@mcashman)

My name is Miranda Cashman and I am a current student at the University of Denver, dual majoring in Communications and Media Studies, and double minoring in Business Administration and English. I will also be pursuing a masters in Music Industries at the University of Glasgow. I have two years of live music production experience and  to distinguish myself within the industry through my love of creative writing and passion for music. This internship has helped me significantly.

Posted : November 17, 2022 2:24 pm
Ali Diane
(@infoalidiane-com)

hello! My name is Ali, im a pop singer songwriter in the seattle area (Ali Diane). I Have my associates degree in music and have had many years of musical theater and performance under my belt. I am currently performing in the seattle area in wineries, restaurants, hotels and more. I am happy to say i am working on releasing a song of mine, every couple months for the next few years and am excited to collaborate and network with like minded people. Music as always been a passion of mine and i love creating beautiful things! go check out my instagram @alidianeofficial and check out my link tree in bio for more! 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Ali Diane

Posted : November 17, 2022 5:36 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: